Wednesday 25 January 2012

DESIGNER FOCUS: Orla Kiely

She’s become such a success of recent years, chances are you’ve come across Orla Kiely designs in numerous forms. Her fashion line is right up my street – 50’s and 60’s revival, using textured fabrics and retro proportions and cuts to create timeless designs. Her homeware products bend a little bit more towards the 50’s I think, using nature to inspire geometric patterns and neat colour palettes. The most common design I’m aware of is the multi coloured stem print design which has been transferred onto a wealth of merchandise from Radios to cushions to mugs.

Here are a few of my favourite images showing her Interior items. I’m loving the wallpaper in the kitchens but sadly I cannot afford £62 a roll… but if you can, then Heals is the place to go. But I bet there are a few copycat designs available – I shall be perusing Graham & Brown later to see if I can find one for my own home. Also, check out the fab “carpark” duvet covers, currently on sale at Dotmaison.com – I just love the simplicity.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...