Saturday 11 February 2012

NURSERY RHYMES: photo showcase


This is really more of a "story so far" kind of post. Its significantly nicer than the original room with its plain magnolia walls and beige carpet, but its not quite there yet. I have many things I plan on implementing over the coming months, for instance:
  • Tissue Paper Pom Poms are a must - the ceiling height looks vast at the moment and for a box room, it needs bringing down a little bit visually, so pom pom clouds should do the trick.
  • Silver Birch stump Table - currently, i have an old bedside unit with a wicker drawer in which solves some minor storage issues and gives me a place for the baby monitor to sit, but I'd love a little tree stump instead to complete the woodland theme. Fortunately, I have a friend who is a Tree Surgeon so he's keeping his beady eyes peeled for me.
  • Wardrobe - we got this bargain from Argos. the reason its a bargain is because its unfinished. As the cot is second hand and a varnished pine, it would make sense to varnish this too - but i don't like that idea. So i do plan on painting it white, when my daughter has outgrown her cot. So, in about 3 years.

There are also a few pieces just to dress the room I'm looking for, and I'm sure these will pop into my peripheral vision at some point. Anyway, hope you like the photos!

Mx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...